Thursday, April 9, 2009

Local Teacher Recognized in PLT Branch Newsletter

"One of the first decisions I made in my new high school assignment was to NOT disregard my PLT PreK-8 curriculum guide. Do I use it differently? Of course, but it is still a valuable component to my teaching repertoire of resources."

Cherie Wyatt, 2008 Nat'l PLT Outstanding Educator of the Year, shares some of her insight on using the PLT preK-8th grade curriculum guide in a High School setting.

"As a high school teacher, I expect more in-depth content knowledge and higher-level reasoning skills from my students. However, I appreciate being able to modify and use many of PLT’s PreK-8 student pages as a jumping off point for lessons. I often shorten activities and use them as a five- to ten-minute introduction to a more in-depth lesson."

To read the full article follow this link http://www.plt.org/cms/pages/36_124_192.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home